A Word From The Cook
“This salad is full of fresh, delicious, and healthy greens. Apple chip crisps, herb dressing, cranberries, and goat cheese make it one you'll crave over and over again!”
- For the Salad
- 1 Bunch fresh kale
- 5 Cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 Cup pecans, toasted, roughly chopped
- 1 Cup freeze dried apple chips
- 3/4 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 Cup goat cheese (crumbled)
- For the Vinaigrette
- 1 Cup fresh herbs, finely chopped (basil, mint, chives, flat leaf parsley)
- 2 Cloves fresh garlic
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice + zest
- 6 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons honey-dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt - to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon course grind pepper - to taste
Step 1 – Prepare Vinaigrette
Rinse, pat dry, and finely chop fresh herbs.
Peel and grate garlic, using a fine grater or microplane grater.
Whisk ingredients together.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Step 2 – Prepare Salad Ingredients
Rinse, dry and chop kale into bite sized leaves.
Toast pecans on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Then chop roughly.
Crumble goat cheese.
Step 3 – Toss & Serve
Combine salad ingredients in large salad bowl.
Toss well with salad dressing. Coat the greens thoroughly.
Serve and enjoy!