A Word From The Cook
“This salad is full of fresh, delicious, and healthy greens. Apple chip crisps, herb dressing, cranberries, and goat cheese make it a salad you'll crave over and over again! A truly delightful apple salad recipe.”
- For the Salad
- 1 Bunch fresh kale
- 5 Cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 Cup pecans, toasted, roughly chopped
- 1 Cup freeze dried apple chips
- 3/4 Cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 Cup goat cheese (crumbled)
- For the Vinaigrette
- 1 Cup fresh herbs, finely chopped (basil, mint, chives, flat leaf parsley)
- 2 Cloves fresh garlic
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice + zest
- 6 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons honey-dijon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon sea salt - to taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon course grind pepper - to taste
- Step 1 – Prepare Vinaigrette
- Rinse, pat dry, and finely chop fresh herbs.
- Peel and grate garlic, using a fine grater or microplane grater.
- Whisk ingredients together.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 2 – Prepare Salad Ingredients
- Rinse, dry and chop kale into bite sized leaves.
- Toast pecans on a baking sheet at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. Then chop roughly.
- Crumble goat cheese.
- Step 3 – Toss & Serve
- Combine salad ingredients in large salad bowl.
- Toss well with salad dressing. Coat the greens thoroughly.
- Serve and enjoy!