A Word From The Cook
“Looking for a festive salad? This avocado salad recipe is a must try. It's a beautiful antioxidant salad too, with spinach, pomegranate seeds, avocados and almonds.”
- 6-8 Cups of fresh rinsed baby spinach
- 1/2 Cup Pomegranate seeds
- 1 Fresh avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 Cup blanched almond slices or pepitas
- 1/8 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Several splashes of high quality balsamic vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons Herbes de Provence
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional: sprinkle top with goat or blue cheese
- Step 1 – Rinse and Slice
- Rinse and dry spinach.
- Slice avocado.
- Technique for removing pomegranate seeds quickly and easily:
- 1) Cut pomegranate down the middle.
- 2) Soak pomegranate in cold water for 5-10 minutes.
- 3) Pull rind away from seed pockets and let seeds fall to bottom of bowl.
- 4) Continue removing rind and pulp.
- 5) Drain water from seeds using a strainer.
- Step 2 – Combine Ingredients
- In a medium to large mixing bowl combine ingredients and keep cool until ready to serve.
- Step 3 – Dress, Toss and Season
- Toss salad with oil and vinegar, herbs, salt and pepper to taste.