A Word From The Cook
“Strawberry dessert recipes are delicious additions to special occasions. This beautiful strawberry dessert recipe includes puffed pastry and Nutella hazelnut spread.”
35 Minutes (includes baking time)
Makes 36 Triangles
- 1 Package "ready to use" puffed pastry
- 1 Cup Nutella hazelnut spread
- 1 Pound fresh strawberries
- Optional: 1/2 cup powdered sugar for garnish
- Step 1 – Bake Puffed Pastry
- Defrost puffed pastry according to package instructions. Once thawed, cut pastry into symmetric triangles.
- Place triangles on parchment lined baking sheet and cover with another sheet of parchment paper.
- Place another baking sheet (flat side down) on top of the second layer of parchment.
- Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees until pastry starts to brown (15-20 minutes). Remove second baking sheet and continue baking until pastry triangles are golden brown and lightly crisp.
- Note: Baking with the extra weight of the second baking sheet will keep pastry from puffing up too much, and will allow you to top triangles with a smooth, flat surface.
- Step 2 – Assemble & Serve
- Cool pastry triangles on a wire rack. While they're cooling, clean, pat dry, and slice strawberries lengthwise. (Each strawberry should be sliced into 3 pieces, after the green top has been cut off).
- Once triangles are cool, place a dollop of hazelnut spread on middle of triangle. Use spread as "glue" to adhere the strawberry slice to the pastry. Strawberry should be turned upside down (as shown above).
- If desired, sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar by placing the sugar into a sieve, and tapping gently to release sugar.