A Word From The Cook
“Sweet Crêpes can be filled with virtually anything sweet, from berries and chocolate, to creme and curd!”
30 Minutes (plus time to let batter rest - 1 hour to overnight)
- For the Crêpe Batter
- 2 Large eggs
- 3/4 Cup milk
- 1/2 Cup water
- 1 Cup flour
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter
- Butter, for coating the pan
- Fillings (choose from these and more)
- Banana slices
- Freshly Whipped Cream
- Fresh Blueberries
- Lemon Curd (see our recipe)
- Powdered Sugar
- Fresh Strawberries
- Crème Fraîche
- Chocolate Sauce
- Strawberry Preserves
- Dulce de Leche ice cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Some of our favorite combinations:
- - Nutella, bananas and whipped crème
- - Lemon curd, fresh blueberries, lemon zest and whipped cream
- - Fresh strawberries with Crème Fraîche, strawberry preserves, whipped cream and chocolate sauce
- - Dulce de Leche ice cream and caramel sauce!
Step 1 – Prepare Batter
Mix all batter ingredients in a blender for about 30 seconds, until completely blended.
Allow batter to “rest” in refrigerator for at least one hour or overnight.
Step 2 – Cook the Crêpes
Heat an 8-10 inch crêpe or sauté pan over medium heat.
Brush pan with butter.
Pour just enough batter to coat the bottom and lowest edges of the pan. Pour batter into center of pan first, and then swirl pan quickly to move batter around bottom of pan so that it’s coated with a thin layer of batter.
Let it cook for about 30 seconds (until it’s lightly browned on the bottom and bubbles appear around the edges). Flip and cook for another 15 seconds or so. Remove from pan to cool.
Gently stack pancakes in a circular layout on a plate to cool (this makes them easier to pick up than stacking them directly on top of each other).
Continue cooking crêpes until batter is used up.
Step 3 – Fill Crêpes with Fruit, Ice cream, Whipped Cream or Anything you Like
Shown on this page:
- Dulce de Leche crêpe
- Lemon Curd with Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Strawberries with Crème Fraîche and Chocolate
- Nutella and Bananas
Serve immediately or at room temperature, and enjoy!