A Word From The Cook
“Tapas are Spanish style small bites. They’re great for a relaxed and informal dinner party. Tortilla Española is a classic starter!”
- 6-8 Red Skinned (New) Potatoes
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Chopped Garlic
- 8 Eggs
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Olive oil (approx 6 tablespoons)
- Step 1 – Prepare Ingredients and Start Cooking Until Softened
- Chop/dice potatoes and onion.
- Heat medium sized skillet (10 inch) with 2-3 Tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook onion, potatoes and garlic in prepared skillet, until softened (not browned), over medium heat (approx. 10-15 minutes).
- Crack and beat 8 eggs.
- Combine softened onion, potato and garlic mixture with eggs in a mixing bowl.
- Step 2 – Return to Pan and Finish Cooking
- Coat all sides of skillet with 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil and bring skillet back up to medium heat.
- Return egg, onion, potato, garlic mixture to heated skillet.
- Cover and cook on low heat for about 15 minutes, until firm.
- With a plate equal to the size of the skillet, turn out contents of skillet onto plate, and return contents to skillet to cook top side (watch the video to see how it’s done!).
- Cover and cook for 5 more minutes on low heat until cooked through.
- Step 3 – Slide, Slice & Serve!
- When cooked through, slide the Tortilla out of the pan and onto a serving plate.
- Slice and serve immediately or at room temperature as the first of 2 or more small plates of your choosing for a Tapas Dinner Party.
- Serve immediately or at room temperature.