A Word From The Cook
“Smokey Barbecued Ribs in the oven recipe can also be made (or finished) on the grill. Either way, they're perfect for the meat lover who doesn't mind getting a little messy. These baby back ribs are covered with J. Wilbur's Spicy Hickory BBQ Sauce, are finger lickin' good!”
8 Hours plus marinate over night
- 3 Lbs. Pork baby back ribs
- ¼ cup liquid smoke
- 1 ½ cups Cider Vinegar
- 2 Quart Water
- 1 Jar of J. Wilbur Hickory Smoke or Spicy Hickory BBQ sauce.
- Step 1 – Marinate
- Combine smoke flavoring, vinegar and water in a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the ribs into the desired portion sizes and place in marinade.
- Cover and refrigerate over night.
- Step 2 – Slow Roast Ribs in the Oven
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Remove portioned ribs from marinade and wrap tightly in foil.
- Place in the oven on a baking sheet or pan.
- Cook for 7 hours and remove from foil.
- Step 3 – Grill Ribs with BBQ Sauce
- Gently place the cooked ribs on the grill and brush on the J. Wilbur BBQ sauce. J. Wilbur BBQ sauce does not contain corn syrup and will not burn like most sauces, so it's appropriate to brush sauce over the ribs while they're on the grill, and until it caramelizes and thickens - about 5 minutes per side.