A Word From The Cook
“This Turkey Noodle Soup recipe is the easy way to turn turkey leftovers into a whole new meal.”
16-20 servings (Makes great leftovers!)
- Turkey Carcass (chicken can be substituted)
- 4 Quarts chicken stock
- 1 Yellow chopped onion
- 5 Chopped carrots
- 5 Chopped celery stalk
- 2 Teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh herbs (Rosemary and Tarragon)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Packages Egg Noodles or your favorite pasta or noodle
- Step 1 – Cook Turkey Carcass
- Break up turkey carcass in pieces that will fit your pot.
- Use all turkey parts including skin (no not use giblets).
- Bring turkey carcass, chicken stock, and bay leaves to boil and then simmer on low for an hour.
- Periodically skim off “scrum” the filmy layer that forms on top.
- Step 2 – Remove Carcass and Add Vegetables
- Remove from heat and strain liquid from meat and carcass.
- By hand, remove bones and skin, returning meat to liquid.
- Add chopped onion, carrots, celery, herbs, and garlic powder to broth.
- Continue to simmer ingredients cooking for another hour.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Step 3 – Boil Pasta and Serve Soup
- Boil pasta until al dente.
- Drain pasta and toss lightly with olive oil.
- Place 1/2 cup of cooked noodles into soup bowl and cover with hot Turkey Soup.
- Serve and Enjoy!