A Word From The Cook
“I grew up with a southern mom who always salted her watermelon. Feta tossed with Watermelon and Mint is a refreshing twist to the sweet & salt flavors I remember!”
- 5 Cups of bite-sized watermelon pieces
- 6 Ounces Feta cheese
- 1/2 Cup fresh sliced mint
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil to taste
- 1/8 Cup High quality balsamic vinegar to taste (white or black balsamic can be used)
- Salt and pepper to taste (personally I think the feta gives it all the salt you need, and I don't think pepper works on this salad......but it's completely up to you!
- Step 1 – Cut Watermelon
- Cut the juicy red meat of your watermelon into bite-sized pieces. I like to cut the fruit into small triangles (as shown).
- Place watermelon pieces into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Step 2 – Slice Mint & Crumble Feta Cheese
- Rince and pat dry the mint leave, then stack them on top of each other (or roll them up together like a cigar) and slice them into thin tendrils.
- Crumble feta cheese over melon.
- Step 3 – Dress, Toss, & Serve
- Generously drizzle about a third of a cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil over the melon and cheese.
- Drizzle balsamic over as well.
- (feel free to add or subtract the oil and vinegar, depending on your taste.)
- Gently toss, to coat the watermelon and cheese.
- Sprinkle with mint and serve.