A Word From The Cook
“The perfect summer cocktail is this Watermelon Martini with muddled lime and mint!”
- 2 cups watermelon juice (approximately 1/3 watermelon)
- 2 cups (16 ounces premium vodka)
- 4-5 limes
- 30-40 large mint leaves
- Ice cubes for shaker (don't use crushed ice)
- Step 1 – Make Watermelon Juice
- Cut seeded or seedless watermelon away from the rind into chunks.
- Place watermelon chunks into blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain juice from pulp by pouring through a sieve or strainer.
- Press the watermelon juice against the strainer, using the back of a spoon or a muddler, to get all the juice.
- (If making in advance, chill the watermelon juice covered until ready to use)
- Step 2 – Muddle and Shake
- For each martini, combine 1 ounce shot of watermelon juice, with one ounce Vodka, a slice of lime, and a couple of mint leaves.
- Muddle the lime and leaves in a martini shaker.
- Add 1/4 cup ice cubes.
- Cover martini shaker and shake vigorously to chill the drink.
- Step 3 – Pour, Garnish, and Enjoy
- Pour liquid from shaker, into a martini glass, leaving lime and mint leaves behind.
- Garnish with a lime wedge.